Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Boys

I have always had some guys in my life. It seems that I made better friends with boys than with girls - I never knew why until now. God has been preparing me for what he had in store for the rest of my life.

In high school I had friends but the ones closest to me were guys, in college the same held true - I had girl friends but the ones closest to me were guys. I ended up marrying one of them. I could not have chosen better if I had done it myself. I am thankful that I am not the one who is in control of my life!

I would always refer to my group of friends as "the boys" because it just seemed to fit and people knew to whom I was referring. My life has taken many changes and this is another one of those changes. I married one of "the boys" and we moved miles away from the others. We made our home here in Iowa for the time being. After six years of marriage we brought another boy into our life and once again "the boys" has taken on a new meaning in my life. In December we had our ultrasound to find out what the sex of the new baby would be and it was really no surprise to me when they said - it's another boy. So in May we plan to add once again to "the boys".

My life is great and I could not have asked for anything better. I know these boys will be around for a long time and I look forward to each day to see what new and exciting things it will hold. I can only imagine what life will bring next. It has been a lot of fun so far with only miles and smiles to go.

Below are some pictures of "the boys" in my life - one is our nightly reading before bed and the other is what I found when I woke up from my Sunday afternoon nap. They are so cute. Thanks dad for letting mom take a nap and for making sure that Braxton got one too. You are an incredible man and I love you very much. I am looking forward to the next 75 years!

1 comment:

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

That is so sweet. I am glad that you have a wonderful husband that loves you and that you will always be surrounded by Godly "boys". That is a sweet picture of Andy and Braxton sleeping. Thank you for keeping this up and going. Love ya loads.