Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

We're in Paris

We made it to Paris tonight and we are in our hotel with internet!!! That is very exciting because I can get one and get some updating done. It is late here and I am ready for bed but I wanted to get some of this done before I forget.

Back to Germany. We stayed in Hochst and the hotel there was very nice and the food was excellent. Here is a article in the paper showing the cook to be one of the best in the country. It really was that good. We were able to eat outside and enjoy some time with other people who were there for the conference as well. Andy did shine. He is really well respected by a lot of men - I mean I knew that but it is really humbling to see just how much they respect him - even in other countries. I should do a lot more of that at home - but I digress!!!

This hotel and resturant were in a very small village, here is the outside of the house/hotel/resturant. Everything here is village style and families live in houses that are all connected. There are a lot of small villages and a few medium size towns. I think coming over here we stepped back a few decades. In a lot of ways that is really good and in others I wish I had more access to the internet. But things are more laid back and relaxed. Thing around here close up around 7 pm and everyone goes home. There are a few pubs that stay open but for the most part things are closed.

Andy outside the Krone - Crown hotel

Here is a picture down the main street of the town where the hotel is located.

And the other way

It really is just one house after another and then boom the town ends and countryside. It is kinda wierd. But I am sure they think the same thing about us. There are so many little cars here. They said everything is BIG in America and now I know why they say that.

Andy standing just inside the hotel.

No comments: