Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 13, 2008

To Eat Adventrously

Okay so on Thursday Hans and Michael took us to eat at a "special place" - I was excited and ready to go. I really wanted to try some new things here in this country and to be adventrous. So we drove, and drove, and drove some more and when I went looking for the next town there was not one. We were literally in the middle of no where. We pulled in to a drive way and he parks the car and we get out. We start walking down the hill to this home/resturant, and the story begins.
We are here because this place has a special menu on Thursday nights. They do this because Thursday is slaughter day. So on Thursday evenings they serve a meal with A LOT, A LOT of meat. I was told that I would not go meat hungry tonight, and that a vegetarian would not like this place - I should have know then that there was more coming. We find a place to sit and start looking at the menu.
This is a family farm and you can tell that the people who own the resturant also live in this house and there are a couple of barns surrounding the "parking area." It was a delecious meal and I would go back again, but I must say a couple of times that evening I was a little skeptical.

Hans, Andy, and Michael walking down the hill to eat.

Finding a place to sit

The menu - Andy choose the special at the top a variety of meat, and I choose Moli - it is like the 3rd one down. We tried to get enough varitey that we could try a lot and I think we achieved our goal. The only thing we did not try and were advised against was Leberknodel. We agreed when we found out that it was a liver rolled up in a ball and boiled. I think Andy might have tried it but I advised against and so did the others.

Here is Andy's plate, look at that large helping of Krout. Andy had a variety of meat and it was all very good.

This was mine. It was a large pork burger of sort. It was very good
Thanks guys it was great - we look forward to returning the favor in a couple of weeks.

No comments: