Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From Paris to Madrid

Well I am getting caught up one post at a time. We are finally to our trip to Madrid. Maybe tomorrow I will get the two days in Madrid uploaded and I will be one schedule again.

We left the hotel in Paris at 7 am on Sunday to ensure that we made it to the airport in plenty to time to catch of flight and get to Madrid. We were going through Dublin to get to Madrid because that is what the travel agency had booked. We got the the airport and stood in line and when we got up to the counter they could not find my ticket. She looked up and found Andy and not me, and again, and again. So she told us to go and see the ticket desk to see if they could find me a ticket to buy. At this point I was about to get sick. My stomach was unsettled to say the least. I told Andy to go ahead and check in but he refused. He stood by me and I am thankful. We get to the ticket counter and the man there is beyond slow. We stood there and explained our situation and that we wanted to purchase a ticket the same as the one that Andy had. He starts looking on his computer and while he is looking he proceeds to help the other 3 people in line behind us while we wait. After about 30-40 minutes he comes back and tell me that I do not have a ticket and they are closed today so he can not find out what is going on. Another sinking feeling in my stomach. I once again explained to him that I wanted to buy a ticket so I could go with Andy.
He comes back 15 minutes later and says that he can get me to Dublin with Andy and that is all he does not have a flight from Dublin to Madrid, I explained that I just wanted to get to Madrid. He lit up and said oh no problem. He goes to the next station and in less than 10 minutes has Andy and I on direct flight from Paris to Madrid. Andy had to forfeit his orginal ticket but we were together and skipped a 6 hour lay over in another country.
It was a day filled with many emotions frustration and lack of local language being a large part of it. But, all in all God was looking out for us and we made it here just fine.
So with all that he as the 4 pictures I took of our trip over.

The airport in Paris - those are tunnells running through the middle of the airport.

Finally our gate

Landing in Madrid - the airline was Vueling - very kind people

Andy on the bus in Madrid on the way to our hotel.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad you made it safely... I would have been sick to my stomach as well!