Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally Paris Pictures

I stink at spelling and the spell check is not working so please look over all my mistakes. - Thanks
Okay, usually when I post pictures from Paris they involve a lot of family and friends and grandparents. This time it is a little different. We were only able to be in Paris for two days and really only sight see for one. It was a packed day and we had a wonderful time. I took lots of pictures. So I tried to cut down on the the space by collaging them together. I will try to tell you what some of them are, some are just things I thought were cool or looked neat. We really did enjoy ourselves there other than it being dirty and a little scary at night it was great. I would go back again but it would be awhile. Not something I want to do back to back.

This collage is of our hotel, train station, Notre Dame, and some statue I thought looked neat.

This one is mainly of the Pantheon a replica of the one in Rome - it was very large and quite neat


More of the above

This is Sainte Chappell - the line to get in was really long and it was 7E each so we just took pictures from the outside. The other little statue - well your guess is as good as mine!

Lunch in a cafe in Paris - the menu and our food

This is The Louve - This place was amamzing. I would go back to Paris to see this again. It was mammoth and then some. It would take a week to really do justice to this place but here are some pictures. We did get to see the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, the painting of Napoleon's crowning, and much more. Not being real art gurus it was fun but to someone who really knows their stuff it would be amazing. It was a lot of fun. (side note - this is the place where large parts of the DiVinci Code were filmed)

More of the Louve - the bottom middle is the Venus de Milo

The bottom two are the crowning painting and the painted ceilings were the ceilngs of Napoleon's mothers apartments

The first one is the Mona Lisa - it was behind a glass case - did you know it was painted on wood? This is the Egypt part of the museum - Andy wanted to take some of these for MeMe. It was really cool

Most of these were taken in Napoleon's apartment - he lived in the Louve which was orginally a castle for a number of years

The Eiffle Tower. Really cool. Really Large!

More Tower
Paris was a lot of fun - if you ever get a chance to go - do it.

2 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

It looks like you all are having a blast. I loved Paris but it was a little scary. I bet you are ready to see your precious little boys. It looks like they are having fun with Andrea and Karl. How do you get your pictures in the collage? Hope you have a safe trip home.

Micah and Jennifer said...

I get chills looking at all that famous old stuff y'all are seeing. That is so cool!! I can't wait to see more of your pictures!