Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Evening in Madrid

On the next to last day we were in Madrid we went to eat at a 5 star restaurant near the kings palace. It was a very nice place and the only one to which I forgot to take a picture of the name, so I can not tell you the exact name of this place. However I can tell you all about the food and it was wonderful. This was after a day of long meetings for the men and some looking around for me. The cost was 50 Euros per plate about 75 dollars - it was very good.

Here is a table of men talking shop and other things

If you want their attention you have to yell Salude! They pick up their glasses and look your way!

Andy and I - I know you can't tell from Andy's face but he was really not enjoying all the things on his plate!

Course 1 - Green Salad with white asparagus, salmon, and tomatoes - it had a balsamic dressing and was really good - I think Andy ate his tomatoes and one bite of the salmon so this round was a waste for him.

Course 2 - Noodles with peas and cod - this was very good as well. The noodles were a little cold but they were still good. I think if they had been warm it would have been 10 times better, but the cod was great and the peas were okay - Andy touched only half of this one as well.

Course 3 - This is a large slice of eggplant, with two slices of zucchini, with two slices of bell pepper (one green and one red), topped with pork loin. It was very good as well. Not sure what the sauce was but it was not very strong. Andy was happy to see the pork but left all the veggies on his plate. I am not a big fan of eggplant but it was okay fixed this way.

Course 4 - Chocolate muffin/cake (warm just out of the oven), vanilla bean ice cream, 1 blackberry, 1 raspberry, and some mixed berries underneath. We both liked this round.

Course 5 - Coffee and cookies - this one I skipped all together - I love the smell of coffee but I am not a drinker and the cookies looked great but I was really full. Andy enjoyed a cookie.

Coffee was served after every meal in Europe. It was a big deal over there. Coffee and tea in the morning and after lunch and after supper. In Spain they sever it strong. I don't know if you can tell from the picture or not but that cup was not touched and it is only half full and very dark. Smelled great.

This is the kings palace - it was very large - you could walk up almost to the door before the guards came out

Me in the courtyard in front of the palace - there was a fountain and the sign said - do not drink the water - in Spanish of course

The crest at the top of the palace

Side view

Another man on a horse in front of the palace

There he is again


Statues of previous kings of Spain - they were all over the courtyard.

The fountain in front of the palace

One more view

This was a fun day and an evening I will not forget soon. Thanks to all the men for putting up with my picture taking and being sports even when they did not want too!!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

what a fun night! I am jealous but I know what a blessing it was to be able to go on this trip for the two of you. but I am still jealous! :)

Pearson Family said...

The food looked....interesting! I am glad you guys had a great time!...Ironic! A john deere commercial came on JUST NOW! Glad you are home!