Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 13, 2007

Sweet Corn Festival

Well one thing about Iowa is they raise great corn! This past Saturday was the annual Adel sweet corn festival. We attended last year not knowing what to expect and had a great time. This year we went solo as a family and really enjoyed some great corn and a fun time with the family. We missed our friends from last year, but this everyone had their own plans for the weekend.
It is a really big deal - just look at the sign!


Standing in line for all the corn you can eat - did I mention that it is free!!! Brazos was taking advantage of a nap before filling his stomach. Braxton has is plate ready.
Dad and Brazos ready to dig in!!
Braxton loving that corn - he had two large pieces.
Brazos also loving the corn.

Look at him go!
Soo good!
The damage that was done by our family.
The boys riding the train.
Dad being brave and taking the boys on the tilt a whirl - good job dad!!! A good time was had by all - but the boys just could not make it home.





4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sad...they don't have sweet corn in Brazil. That looks so good. Glad you all had a good time!

Heather said...

That looks like sooo much fun! Glad everyone had fun!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, where is my shipment of CORN????? I really want some corn!!! Please Fed-Ex it to me. I gotta find out if it's really that good. Don't hate the playa!!!

Pearson Family said...

I LOVE CORN! I agree with anonymous, SEND ME SOME CORN! Glad you guys had fun.