Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 06, 2006

More insulin


Well the weekend was a good one. We were able to spend the day Saturday as a family - that was really nice. We like it when daddy is able to be at home on the weekends. I did some work from home and I PASSED my test so I could renew my drivers license. It was close but I did pass! We took food to one of the shut-ins from church and visited with her for an hour or so, we went and walked the mall so I could get some exercise, and just had a really good day enjoying each other. It was a good day.

Sunday was also a good and very busy day. With LTC here Sundays are often very short. By the time we get home, eat lunch, and get Braxton down for a nap it is time to get up and get to church for the 4:00 practice. Practice runs till church time and it is time for supper, home for the weekly phone call with the in-laws, and bed time. It is good and it keeps us on our toes. We always look forward to LTC time and all the excitement it brings, but we are also thankful when it has ended and we have closed another year.

Today has been a good day. Braxton and I were a little under the weather this morning with something we ate last night, it did not last long thankfully. We were better in time to go the the library for a Book with baby time. We came home and did some work from home and just enjoyed a day together. Braxton is working his way to one nap a day. It has both pros and cons. I called my diabetes doctor today as my numbers have been running high and I have had ketones every day in the last week. She once again upped my insulin. I am now up to 4 shots a day and the amount has once again been increased. She is hopeful that this will work. I also hope so. I am ready to get some regulation with the sugar.

More information to come later!

2 comments:

Pearson Family said...

4 shots! I would just have to be admitted and put under! You hang in there girl. Yes the 1 nap does have its pros and cons. I was able to get out more with 1 nap a day, but my household chores sufferred. You will adjust great. Praying for baby...do you have a name yet?

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

You are so good Neil. I love y'all. I miss you like crazy and am more than excited that I will get to see you this weekend. I miss my Neil time! Love ya and hope that Braxton travels well, as always!