Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I enjoy doing.
13. Reading blogs - I love to read all the updates and see what everyone is in to. I love to find new people who I have not heard from in some time and play catch up with their families on their blogs. I enjoy blogging!
12. Having lunch with my family - My husband comes home for lunch everyday. Andrea and Karl come home for lunch everyday. Everyday we get to eat lunch as a family. I love the 30 plus minutes during the middle of the day when everyone is home. I like to fix lunch and have it ready when they get home. We get to sit, eat, and visit. It is one of my favorite times of the day.
11. Watching Braxton at the end of the workday - Braxton has an internal clock that tells him when 5:00 - 5:30 rolls around. He knows when to go to the window and watch for dad. He loves to see dad pull up and runs to the door to welcome him home. We are so thankful that dad is home.
10. Saturday mornings - Being a stay at home mom - our day is pretty routine - but Braxton knows the difference between the work week and Saturday morning. Andy says he (Braxton) decides to get up at 6:00 on Saturday as a gift to him (Andy). He is right, Braxton is excited to have dad home and not gone when he gets up. It has gotten better, but he still loves to rise early on Saturday to get the most time he can with dad.
9. Sunday mornings - This one has many reasons why I enjoy it. First I love that Andy and Braxton get up and cook Pancakes and Bacon for everyone. It is a day when I save all of my WW points so I can eat breakfast with the family. I love to hear them in the kitchen. I love to hear him (Braxton) come to my bathroom and tell me five minutes. Such sweet noises in my house.
8. Monday evening swim - Although we have not been able to go the last two weeks, we have a year round pool pass (yes the pool is indoor). We go swimming every Monday night as a family. Brazos is always shocked at how cold the water is. Braxton has no fear and loves to just jump right in. I love to watch dad and Braxton in the water. Uncle Karl and Andrea go and help with the kids. It is a wonderful time for our family.
7. Wednesdays - On Wednesdays Lisa (our ministers wife) and I trade off with Rosa and Braxton. It gives the other free time to go and get things done. I love both sides of this trade. I like to have the kids and play with them and I also like to have some free time away to get things done. Rosa and Braxton really play well together.
6. Date Nights - I love my children but once a month Andy and I try to get out for our monthly date night. We usually go eat and try to get in a movie or a fun activity. It is nice to have that time and to build on our relationship. I enjoy the time we spend together.
5. Aggie Football - I enjoy Aggie Football. I love to watch the games and cheer on our favorite team. We are brainwashing our children to love our team as well. I could really care less about most other sports but Aggie football is something we have been able to do as a family and we love to cheer on our Aggies to victory.
4. Going home - I enjoy getting all packed up and ready to go to Texas. I like to take the boys home to see their grandparents. I love that Texas will always be home no matter where we are. I like that I have family to see and visit. I always enjoy going home.
3. Visits from family and friends - as much as I enjoy going home I also enjoy when we have visitors from others. I love to watch Braxton warm up to new people and want to play. I enjoy the time we get to visit and build relationships.
2. Sisters - I enjoy the fact that I have sisters that I can talk to and be very open with. I love that I can speak my mind and know that the favor will be returned. I love that when we are done we are still friends, sisters, and part of Gods family. I love that we have such an open and honest relationship with each other.
1. Watching my children grow up in the Lord! - I love the fact that Braxton loves Bible Class. I am so thankful that he likes to go to church and see his friends. I love that he like to lead singing and tries to pray and read scripture. I am so thankful that he will be able to teach his brother all the things that he is learning. What a blessing we have in our church family. Growing kids for God should be a daily goal.
There are so many things I enjoy. I will probably do this one again. What are some things that you enjoy? Let me know!

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

This was a sweet one! I needed this simple reminder of what life is all about!