Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen
With the approach of one of my favorite holidays I thought it only appropriate to tell you the 13 things I love about the 4th of July!
1. My Dad's Smile
2. Mom's smile and bragging rights that all of her children are home
3. Memories of West Texas and cousin reunions
4. Swimming in large tanks
5. That we live in a country that was founded on God
6. Watching everyone get wet
7. Creating memories for my children
8. Watching the guys try to keep the fireworks going and not get hurt (good job guys - the show is always good!)
9. 4-wheelers and water
10. The freedom we have and enjoy
11. Sister and "in-laws" (well at least some of them)
12. Enjoying time "in a full house" with family and friends
13. Because it gives me another reason to go home!!!
We all have memories of holidays that are special to us. I enjoy Thanksgiving because it allows me to see my mom's family and cousins from the Cagle side. I enjoy Christmas because we get to see everyone Zant's, Beck's and the Norris clan. I enjoy most holidays because they involve seeing people we love.
The 4th of July is special because it holds a place in my dad's heart. It holds for him memories of his grandfather (Da) and his love for his family and his country. Da was a role model for all of us and my dad loved him very much. So much he tries to be like him in so many ways. Pride runs thick through this family. I am thankful for the examples that have been set for me and my children by these men. I am thankful for their love for God, family and country and in that order.
Enjoy your 4th!!! We will and I will have pictures for you next week!

2 comments:

Pearson Family said...

You are on the ball this morning. I like the 4th as well. Family memories are so important. I think our generation can learn so much from our parents and grandparents about family. I love to hear my dad talk about the ranch in Clarksville and how all the cousins got together ALL the time. Have fun in Paris, with family!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Wow! Again. Work is not a place for tearing up....You did it wonders. Thank you for all of the neat memories. I teared up a little making mine yesterday. I knew that I should have chosen a different picture. I debated on the Blue pic with the stars all around. What can we say, I just want to be like my big sister.....