Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On our way

Update: It is now 4:00 and we have finally made it back to the room. Andy is resting well. He opened his eyes long enough to know that he was in his room. He is in quite a bit of pain but that is to be expected at this time. I am so thankful that God watches over us and protects us the way that he does. I am thankful for a family that is concerned and checks in. I am thankful for a sister who is she-man and willing to take on my kids for extended hours at a time with a new born so that I can be here for my husband. Thanks again to everyone for the prayers.

Update: It is now 1:45 and I just met with the doctor. Andy is out of surgery and in recovery. He is doing well so they say. They had a little harder time getting the bones lined up than they anticipated so it took a little longer than expected. But they got it all fixed and put back together. Thanks for all your prayers and comments. We should get to go back to the room in about an hour or so. The fun part will begin now (2-3 months with no weight on that leg).

Well it is 10:00 and they just took Andy in for surgery. I am a bit of an emotional basket case but Andy was as calm as a cucumber. They said that everything should take about two hours so I will let you know when we are back in the room. Thanks again for the prayers.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

praying in Paris!

Pearson Family said...

Thinking about you guys!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

praying in the rain here in Fort worth

Susan

Jen said...

What happened? And how? Reading between the lines it appears that he broke a leg bone?

Jen said...

OK, I went to Karl's blog and ouch! I had pins put in my knee when I was in college and it was pretty painful for a few days. I remember the pain killers not really helping much. Hang in there Andy. You will be doing lay ups sooner than you may think. Josh