Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 24, 2008

Dora and Diego = Scared

The first Saturday in October Dora and Diego were at the mall. They were there from 10-2 and you could come and get your pictures made with them. I told the boys that we could go and they were really excited. We had a free garage sale at the Church Building that morning so we decided to take all the kids - our and the Clapps to see them around lunch time and we would pick up lunch at the mall as well. We got there at 12 and they had cut off the line due to the fact that they did not think they could get everyone through the line before 2. So we were sad but decided we would stand there and watch for a little while. Dora and Diego decided they needed a break and we were in the right place at the right time.
Rosa walking with Dora

Andy and the boys watching Dora come walking by
All set and ready to see Dora

Here she comes
Here they are taking pictures Dora, Diego, and Boots
Diego walking away
Braxton was so excited to see Diego - he took a different route so we were not able to get as close but we were still able to see him
Diego smiling for the camera
Get ready boys here he comes
They were trying to keep all the kids off of Diego - it was not working as well as they had hoped
So after we saw Dora and Diego come by we stood there waiting and trying to decide what we were going to do. Mind you there are about 500 kids plus parents here at the mall all trying to see Dora and Diego and we were talking to Lisa and the Clapp kids. Andy looked at me and said where is Braxton? I don't know he was just here we were watching Diego. We could not find him. So we left Brazos with Lisa and Andy and I went on a hunt. I just knew that when I got to the end of all the kids he would be standing there watching Diego. I got to the end on one side and Andy got to the end on the other side and neither one of us had found him. I was beginning to get scared at this point. So we went to the play area to see if he wandered there - no Braxton. Back through the kids again and still no Braxton, Andy went outside and I went looking through all the kids yet again and we got back and still no Braxton. Panic set in and I did not know what to do. I went to the police office and told him I lost my child, near the brink of tears. He said that we should go to the information desk. On our way there he got a report of a lost child. On the loud speaker they called for Andy. So we are walking and I see Braxton standing at the information desk with a family and smiling. Once he saw me he burst into tears and came running. I was scared to death! But so relieved to know that he was safe and okay. Andy followed with Brazos, Lisa and the kids. We all took a deep breath.
Later we found out that Braxton went to look at Diego and thought we were behind him and could not find us so he kept going. He kept going until he was on another level on the other side of the mall. I am so thankful to God and a kind family found he and took him to get help. I am thankful that there were not any mean people around at the time to take advantage of my little boy. I am thankful and he is safe and back in our care. Thank you God for looking after my children.
Needless to say we had a long talk about walking away from dad and mom. A talk about getting help and not going with just anybody. About what to do when we get lost. A long talk about how we love him and want him to be safe.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So glad it all turned out okay!!

Thanks for taking them time to update us on all that has been going on with you guys....

Angela Robinson said...

You poor thing! I would have been scared out of my mind, too! God is good!