Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rough Morning

I just took Braxton to school. While this is usually a fun thing today was a different story. He loves school but the last week he has been saying that he does not want to go. We go and he follows the procedure without any problems but today was hard.
We walked in the doors and he started saying that he wanted to go home with me that he did not want to stay at school. When I asked him why - Big tears started flowing. My heart broke. The teachers came and wanted to take him but I was not ready to let go. I don't understand why this is happening now. He has been in school for over a month and has done GREAT!!!
So I left my child screaming with the teachers crying as I walked out of the building. I tried three times to call my husband to make sure I was doing the right thing - no answer. I got home and no one is here. I just feel like a bad mother right now. I have prayed a lot this morning. What is the right thing to do?

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

No, you are not a bad mom. I think every little one does this time and time again. He may be laughing and having a great time once you pick him up.

I used to do this to my mom. She started to give me a sticker each time I went in without crying. If I lasted a whole two weeks or something like that I got to go get a "surprise" for being good. I remember going and getting a Wendy's frosty for being good.

Hang in there-hugs via blogland

Susan

Angela Robinson said...

Of course you aren't a bad mom! I think its just the ebb and flow of growing. Norah goes through months of LOVING Bible class, and then out of no where, she'll melt down for about 3 weeks in a row as soon as we get to the door to drop her off. I think the important thing is just to stay consistent and keep encouraging him, and of course take time to ask him about his day, etc.

Jen said...

Yeah....not a bad mom. There is nothing really you can do. It is something that he has to learn to deal with and I think he can learn an important lesson. You cannot always get what you want. Anyway, hang in there and be ready to give me your secrets when Vivi has to start school. Josh

Pearson Family said...

NOT a bad mom! As a preschool teacher, I take kids from parents often, it just sometimes makes it easier on both, and MOST of the time the kid stops crying as soon as he/she starts playing. I kind of walk by and THROW Emaline at her teachers and keep on walking. You know what I mean! The quicker the better for her.I can hear her cry for just a minute, then she stops as soon as her friends arrive and she has someone new to play with. I am sorry it happened. How was he when you picked him up? Hang in there momma!