Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ears again?

Braxton has been a bit whiny lately, this is really not like him at all. But at the same time he has been active and playing so I was not sure what to do. He ran a low grade fever this week but still was enjoying playing and such - what is a mom to do. Well last night with dad out of town my little boy was happy and very clingy. We did our normal bedtime routine and he did fine. Got the boys down, watched the news and got to bed. About 11:30 Braxton starts crying (this is not like him) so I go check and he says that his ears are hurting - this is a first for us - he has never told me anything hurts except for his stomach. I told him to come get in bed with me to see if I could make it better. He climbed in and felt really warm - I got took him temp and it was 102.4 - I gave him some meds and we were off to sleep (well sort of). He was up quite a bit last night about 4:00 the same thing happened and his temp was again over 102. I called the doctor early this morning and got an appointment for 11:20.
I had a 4 week check with the diabetes doctor - everything went well. As is okay - I do have to go from 1 shot a day to 2 but I knew it was coming eventually.
When I got back from the doctor Andrea had the boys downstairs on the bed. Braxton was in her lap and Brazos was on the bed. Braxton was warm again. This time it was 102.8. We left and went to the doctor to find that his right ear is bulging (really infected) she said that it was probably rupture so to be ready for that. Great! I am so glad to know what is wrong and that it can be fixed. My little on is a trooper and just does not complain.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I hope Braxton gets to feeling better soon! Ear infections can really hurt!!

Pearson Family said...

I am glad he was able to communicate with you and tell you what hurt. That always helps. I hope he gets better. I hate that you have to go to 2 shots! YUCK! You are a trooper!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

I hate that he wasn't feeling better. The funny thing is, as soon as that boy got some medicine in him, he was singing through Target.