Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 02, 2009

What's going on?

This has been a wild week at the Beck household!
We are all still alive but I have wondered during the week if we would be at this point.
Braxton fell off his tractor (power-wheel) on Thursday and on Friday I took him to the ER to find that he had "dented" the tip of his elbow. So, he is in a cast from his arm pit to his fingers. We will go tomorrow to find out when we will get it off. While we were at the ER we found out that he also has strep. The signs were the fever, chills, and vomiting the night before, but I did not catch on.
Saturday, Andrea and Kaden were not feeling well so they went to the doctor on Monday to find that they have strep as well.
I also went to the doctor on Monday with lower back pain and was scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday. Later that afternoon my throat started hurting so I called the doctor and she called me in an antibiotic for strep as well.
Andy came home from work on Tuesday, after I sent him to the doctor with . . . you guessed it Strep.
I had my MRI on Tuesday.
I took Brayson and Brazos in on Wednesday to find that Brayson was okay because he had just finished at round of antibiotics. Brazos however had strep and a staph infection behind his left ear. So the whole family is on antibiotics.
Last night at church Braxton mistakenly was given some peanut butter captin' crunch, but lucky for us they caught it quick and we were able to give him some meds right away and he is better now. I know this kind of thing is going to happen, I am so glad that he is old enough to recognize when it does so we can get better before having to go the hospital.
This morning I had surgery (something with my uterus that will make it not function any longer, but I will get to keep it). So I have been in bed today trying to relax and recover.
Tomorrow, Braxton will get his arm looked at again and we will finish out the week.
I am thankful for medicine and doctors. I am thankful for a wonderful husband, sisters, and family that have fought through this week.
I am thankful that tomorrow is FRIDAY and my husband took a day of vacation to be home to help me!
I am off to a parent teacher conference at Braxton's school and then home to rest.

Please continue to remember Gracie in your prayers (and the rest of the family) as she recovers from her surgery.
Also, Granny Zant is still in the hospital and we are hoping that each day she will continue to get better.
Thanks for listening. I will do better at blogging soon. My computer up stairs is dead.

3 comments:

Amy said...

When it rains it pours!!!! Hang in there it will get better. Brian, Macy, Callie, and Kadee have all shared a sinus infection. Hopefully the rest of us will dodge that one. Take it easy. Hope all are better soon!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We're tough as nails...sometimes!

Unknown said...

Wow what a week!?! I bet you are just glad it's over. Hope everyone recovers and is back to "normal" in no time! :)