Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen random things - that I am thankful for
1. Prayer - I am so thankful that we have the avenue of prayer that we can lay our burdens down at our Fathers feet and know that they will be heard and taken care of.
2. Granny Zant - she is doing great. She made it through surgery well. She is in a room (not ICU- Whoop!) and is doing good. She may even get to go home on Monday. I am thankful for the prayers you have said for her and that she is doing well.
3. Andrea - she had her MRI today and found out that she does in fact have a ruptured disk. She will see a neurosurgeon on Monday the 27th. I am thankful that she will be able to get this problem fixed and not have to be in this constant pain for much longer.
4. My parents - they are just wonderful. I am thankful that I have such great examples before me and all the things they continue to do. They are strong Christians and keep me firm in my faith. I am thankful for the sounding boards I have in them.
5. My husband. I am so blessed to have such a loving wonderful Christan man as a husband. I am thankful for the great job he does leading our family. He is a leader.
6. My in-laws. I am thankful that they gave me such a wonderful husband and I am thankful for the examples they are to my children. I am blessed to have Christian in-laws who love God and choose to put Him first.
7. Aunts and Uncles. Have I said how blessed I am to have such a wonderful Christian family. I am so thankful that I have examples all around me. Thanks to you all for being so good and for always being there, you just don't know how good you are!
8. Sisters (in-laws included) I have such wonderful sisters. I enjoy talking to them and getting new ideas and comparing stories. I am thankful that I have them as sisters both physically and spiritually.
9. Brother-in-laws - since I do not have any brothers I have been blessed 3 times over with brother-in-laws. I am so thankful for each of them. They are each unique in their own way and bring a special blessing to my life. Thanks for being you!
10. Blogging friends. I am thankful that I have this line of communication. I am glad that I can express my emotion and thoughts and know that they will be heard and prayed for when needed. I am thankful that I can keep up with family and friends and how our lives are progressing.
11. Cousins. This one is extra special as it broadens my family. I am thankful for all of my cousins and their faith. I am thankful to have such a loving family who can cry and laugh with you. Thanks for being so active and playing part in our lives.
12. Church Family. I am so thankful for my church family and all they do to keep me in line. I am thankful for all their prayers and thoughts of encouragement as we have been through a lot with Granny, Karl and his surgery, and now Andrea. Thank you God for our church families - you knew we would need each other.
13. Friends - I am thankful for friends. People who stand by you and listen you all your complaints, joys, sadness, and everything in between. Thanks for the friendship.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Lyneil!!

I just love reading about your family and everything that is going on in your life. Thanks for keeping us all updated!!

Heather
(I was Heather Hooten when I was at A&M and lived with Cheryl for a while)